Processing Personal Data
net.co.im handles personal information in compliance with applicable Data Protection Legislation. We recognise the importance of the correct and lawful processing of personal data in maintaining confidence in our operations. We fully endorse and adhere to the principles set out within the legislation.
Registration as a Data Controller
net.co.im is a ‘Data Controller’ as recognised by the current Data Protection legislation. net.co.im has notified the Information Commissioner’s Office in the Isle of Man that we process personal data to enable us to provide our services to our clients, to maintain our own accounts and records, and to support and manage our staff. Our registration details, should you wish to verify them are:
Isle of Man: Registration Number: R003562
Once net.co.im has your data, for example, when you provide your personal data to net.co.im, through our website, net.co.im is the data controller for that data. You are still the owner of your data and are the data subject.
Processing Information Fairly and Lawfully
net.co.im processes information only where:
- a) we have a legitimate interest to do so, or
- b) a contract has been entered into that allows us to, or
- c) is in the vital interests of the data subject (lifesaving), or
- d) you have given your explicit consent, or
- e) we have received a court order.
We will not process personal data unless one of the above conditions apply.
Information We Collect
net.co.im believes in the principle or transparency regarding what data we are collecting and why we are collecting it so that the relevant data subjects can make informed decisions about whether they want their data to be processed or not.
net.co.im collects data to operate effectively and to enhance the services that we provide to our customers.
We may collect and process data about you:
- If you contact us directly, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- When you provide information to us by filling in forms on any of our websites;
- When you report a problem through any of our websites;
- By recording details of your visits to any of our websites including, but not limited to:
Google Analytics– We use online tracking systems that collect your IP address and the details of any organisation associated with it when you visit any of net.co.im’ websites. It also records activity on these websites, detailing any pages that have been visited, so that we can improve our marketing activities and improve the performance of our websites in order to enhance the level of service that you receive from net.co.im.
Cookies– Details on the cookies that net.co.im use can be found within the Cookies Policy Page.
We use this information:
- to ensure that content from each of our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- where we have your permission to do so, to send you messages to provide you with information about net.co.im and the products or services that we offer, that you have requested, or which we feel may be of interest to you.
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you or the organisation for whom you work and net.co.im;
- to notify you about changes to our service.
Ensuring Your Personal Information is Safe and Accurate
net.co.im ensures that information held on our computer systems and in our paper filing systems is secure, to guard against unauthorised or unlawful processing or accidental loss, destruction of, or damage to personal data.
net.co.im only collects and records personal information that is necessary to carry out its functions, nothing more. To the extent that it is reasonable and appropriate to do so, net.co.im will check that the personal information being collected and recorded is accurate.
We do not pass your details to third parties unless we are instructed to do so by court order or you provide permission for us to do so.
Where We Store Your Data
net.co.im’s data and systems are physically located on servers in the Isle of Man. net.co.im uses a pre-approved third-party company to provide its hosting facilities, this is Hostinger. At any given time your data may be stored by this Data Processors within its data centres on the UK. Although we use the services provided by these organisations they do not have access to your data. The Isle of Man currently has an agreement with the United Kingdom in relation to its Data Protection Legislation, meaning that it is considered acceptable to transfer data in and out of the Isle of Man, without contravening any UK Data Protection Legislation.
We will only retain your personal information if a business need exists. It is not kept longer than is necessary for that purpose.
net.co.im will only contact individuals who have subscribed to net.co.im’s newsletters or requested direct communication for marketing purposes and only in relation to net.co.im’ products and/or services.
Should you wish to no longer receive marketing communications from net.co.im:
- an unsubscribe facility is available within the marketing email which opens a webpage to allow you to request no further marketing contact from net.co.im
- or, you can reply to the individual who has contacted you requesting no further marketing contact.
After either of these have occurred, net.co.im will not directly contact you in this regard again unless you provide a subsequent request to start receiving it again.
Links to Other Websites
As detailed within the applicable Data Protection Legislation, each Data Subject is afforded a number of rights.
In accordance with these rights net.co.im will, upon request:
- Provide you with all of the data net.co.im hold about you, in a machine-readable format;
- Provide you with access to any or all the data that net.co.im hold about you, and provide you with details about why we have the data;
- Rectify any information about you that is deemed incorrect;
- Unless we are required to continue doing so by legislation, stop, or where applicable, restrict the processing of data about you;
- Remove all records about you from our systems, providing that there is not a legal reason to retain it. If there is a legal reason we will inform you of it, and provide you with details about how much longer we are required to retain your data for.
Invoking Your Rights
If you wish to invoke any of the rights afforded to you, then you must request this in writing, providing your contact details. Once you have submitted a request, we may contact you to verify your identity. You should send your request to:
Isle of Man
Complaints About How We Process Your Personal Information
Complaints about how we process your personal information should be the same address above.
Should you again feel that the response provided is not satisfactory, then you should forward your complaint to either the Isle of Man Information Commissioner’s Office according to where you are located.